Our downstairs bathroom had horrible floral paneling when we moved in. We didn’t want to pull it down. We were worried it was glued and would cause a ton more work to replace the plaster and lathe behind it. We thought about just covering it in drywall, but that didn’t set right with us either. So, we decided to cover it with bead board.
We took out the vanity and medicine cabinet. I started to work on removing the “crown molding”. I use that term loosely; it was really just a thin piece of trim.
Wolfy took some measurements, and started cutting the large sheets of bead board using a speed square, a level, and our handy Multi-Tool.
Like the rest of the bead board throughout the house, we used adhesive and trim nails to attach it to the walls.
You can see in this picture that we raised the vanity light, as well, during this process.
I personally love having a white bathroom. It is great because, with just a few changes, (shower curtain, towels, and rug) you have a whole new room with a new color scheme.
Previous Downstairs Bathroom Posts
I am linking up here.